Wednesday, June 06, 2007

On May 5th, 2007...YARG Made History

Hey everyone,
My name is Moises Miranda and I am one of YARG’s core members, or as we like to call our self’s Yarganights. First of all, I would like to let you know that this is my fist post, so feedback and constructive criticism are welcomed. Y.A.R.G. (Youth Action Research Group) has been trying to improve the Summer Youth Employment program of D.C. which is supposed to provide paid job training opportunites to DC Youth age 14-18. We (YARG) have had meetings with several DC City Council Members, including Carol Schwartz, who is part of the Workforce Development Committee. We have been to her office, we flooded her questions and we asked her for a hearing specifically on the Summer Youth Employment Program. We have also been meeting with other Council members so they can get on the issue and continue to apply pressure so things get done. After several meetings, YARG was able to get a special hearing on the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP), on Saturday, so young people could attend. We invited youth and several other non-profit organizations and partners to come to the hearing to testify. The following are the testimonies of our members (including me), along with a video of each, so you can’t say that ya didn’t read any cause it was too much to read. Enjoy.

martha



jose



emmanuael



anita



krissy



moises (me:)



carol shwartz applauds YARG

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a great article about that here! Great job!

http://www.youthdevelopmentexchange.org/home/our-fight-or-their-fright-american-youth-aging-with-terror.html

October 09, 2007 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always good to see people from different ages, social standings and backgrounds come together to help the community, it a good thing what you are doing and deserves praise.

April 15, 2008 5:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have usually rationalized that this is exactly where I will be able to choose on which course I want to consider up in college. They understood my level but on a single problem. That I get straight Bs in all my subjects without having any explanations or excuses created. I have learned from procustomwriting to spending budget my time just so I could satisfy up to their expectations but now, I am about to lose this privilege just simply because I flunk in writing my essays!

December 30, 2016 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home